- Review Brandon’s case in the Social Work Case Studies interactive media in the Learning Resources.
- Reflect on the social worker’s actions and how you would approach the case.
BY DAY 7
- Identify how the social worker might have used the ecological model to understand Brandon’s situation based on a person-in-environment perspective. Explain the use of the ecological model in this case on micro, mezzo, and macro levels.
- Describe strengths that the social worker may have missed in assessing Brandon and his mother.
- Explain how the social worker applied social work ethics and values in the case.
- Review the challenges that the social worker identifies and explain the impact the abuse could have had on Brandon had his strengths not been identified and addressed.