Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapter 9 in the text. Specifically, read questions 7 through 9 on page 231.
When you are gathering data for strategic management activities, including data that aid in evaluating the effectiveness of strategic management activities, you are likely the use the web, and you undoubtedly will seek information from social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and other sources. As such, you must consider if you will permit employees to spend time on their personal social media accounts, perhaps as a break from labor-intensive research activities. For your assignment this week, your team will create a policy outlining these considerations.
Your team paper must include the following:
· Create a social media permitted-use policy for employees.
o Develop a description of the permitted-use policy for employee use of electronic equipment to access personal social media accounts.
§ You need to offer at least two credible sources to support your policy statement. Effectively, you are formulating a strategy statement.
o State reasons why if you do not permit any access.
§ Support your reasons with at least two credible resources in addition to the text.
o Explain when access is permitted if you do permit access and what restrictions are placed on the access.
§ Support your position with at least two credible resources in addition to the text.
o Define at least one specific management action designed to ensure and measure employee compliance.
§ Describe how you will measure compliance with your policy.
§ This is equivalent to describing how you will measure the effectiveness of your strategy. The emphasis is on specific things you will do to measure compliance. At least one specific measurement activity must be described.
§ References for this section are optional.
The Employee Social Media Policy paper
· Must be two to three double-spaced in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper in bold font
§ Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
o Names of all students on the team
o Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Due date
· Must utilize academic voice.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· Must use at least six credible sources in addition to the course text.
o The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources Links to an external site.table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA Style
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style